Me: On the occasion of crossing the 1000th post benchmark and entering my 7th year of blogging I have decided to…
Voices in my head: Oh for the love of God be honest, you are bored. Admit it.
Me: (Throwing the speech away): Yeah! I am bored.
So, here it goes. I cross my heart and promise to say everything that will (probably) not make you want to be my friend or simply make you beg me to marry you/become your soul sister.
I’m still keeping my old ‘About Me’ post at the bottom just for sake of it. I mean it’s how it all started; my WordPress journey, my first post, words about me, my introduction. So let’s pretend to be nostalgic and emotional about it and leave the words down there.
Who am I?
Voices: Drop the act and say it. We know you are dying to say I’M “The Girl With The Music Tattoo”
Me: (Smiling sheepishly) Yeah! Wouldn’t that be a cool line but maybe I can start with ‘I’m The Alter Ego of Batman’?
Voices: You mean Bruce Wayne?
Me: No, no, the other alter ego the one from real life, not the one from books. I mean…Oh! You’ve ruined it. Buzzkill.
Voices: Whatever crazy eyes!
Who I really am?
Okay! So I’m someone you would love to be friends with in another life because in this one I have stopped making friends. No vacancy there. I have few crazy people (Who for someone reason have decided to stick around with a finger on EMERGENCY EXIT button); then I have my voices, my fictional characters, my obsessions, my eternal sadness, my blues, my writing, my imaginary world, my music player, my books, my tv serials, my darkness, my aloofness and my narcissism.
But I’m not all dark and twisty, there are some easy to deal things about me if you look beyond my blues, anxiety, hulk-mode and my fear of socializing beyond my known ones. Here are few facts about THE GIRL WITH THE MUSIC TATTOO (Yes! I’m grinning right now cause it sure is a dope opening line):
- A dog person who likes to scream I LOVE YOU to every dog I see while driving, because the emptiness left by my two puppies makes me want to hug every dog all over the globe.
- A writer who eternally struggles with her decisions to kill a character she has fallen in love with. I write stories that are often for my eyes but this time I have written something that I wish to share with others.
- A storyteller who sulks for days after she finishes her book.
- A coffee person who blames Kathleen Kelly from You’ve Got Mail for her obsession with Starbucks.
- A rom-com follower who has an insane obsession for re-watching Meg-Ryan movies.
- A fangirl who thinks a Meg Ryan or Winona Ryder or Jodie Foster movie marathon is the way to make world a less painful place. My love for these ladies is eternal.
- A TV show addict who gets anxiety attacks when you ask her to pick her favorite show because choosing one name out of Grey’s Anatomy, The Killing, Castle, The Fosters, Orphan Black, How To Get Away with A Murder, Glee, Gossip Girl, Dexter, Friends and The Modern Family would be a crime.
- A music crazy who gets panicky when she accidentally leaves her home without her headphones because she needs access to her music people 24/7. And by music people she means Agnes Obel, Brandi Carlile, Avril Lavigne, Adele, Britney Spears, Digital Daggers, Lady Gaga, Christina Perri, Sara Bareilles, David Garrett, Russian Red, Balmorhea, Gin Wigmore, Bach, Ben Howard, GLEE gang, FUN, Savage Garden and many many many more other bands/artists.
- A reader who cried her eyes after finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns, Moon at Nine, Code Name Verity, Paths of Glory, Sarah’s Key and The Book Thief. Confession I’m a die hard Twilight books fan.
- An 80’s born kid raised in 90’s with absolutely no love for LOL, ROFL, LAMAO and every other random alphabets that make English sound like a sad language. What happened to simple HAHA?
- A movie-crier who might not cry every time Jack dies in the end but won’t stop tearing her heart out at the end of Hachiko, Courage Under Fire, The Danish Girl and Eight Below. Well I think I also cried after watching The Notebook, Carol, Little Man Tate and Camp X-ray. It’s a long list let’s not go there.
- A poet whose muse is a sad girl who lives inside my head. I do not understand poetry yet I end up playing with words which either get uploaded here or on Instagram or just somewhere in a saved document inside the C drive of the laptop.
So, basically I’m just a delusional lover of fiction with addiction to a certain kind of sadness. Welcome to Little’s world and here is a musical treat for you:
OLD ABOUT ME…
For months i have been thinking about writing something on my ‘About’ page, but wasn’t sure what to write. It’s funny, because i have written ‘About us’ page for so many websites yet i couldn’t find the right words to wrap them up and present as my introduction.
So i tried a simple way of making my introduction, i decided to look for words in my vocabulary which i wouldn’t mind when used for me. Such as, Awesome. Yeh, but i can’t just say am awesome cause that would make me self-centered (which am pretty sure I’m). So i would garnish Awesome with words like Twisted and Crazy.
Truth be told, am just an obsessive person who has imaginary friends, who likes the idea of being in love and getting married but denies it, who thinks a good movie is one that makes you want to live it, who can watch “You’ve got mail” and “Bolt” anytime, anywhere, who cannot go through her day without listening to “Someone like you” and “Can’t let go”, who believes Brandi Carlile and Avril Lavigne can save the day, who can’t do without black t-shirts in her pile of clothes, who is in love with Edward Cullen and not Robert Pattison (though he is super cute), who can marry her room and spend the rest of her life in it, who likes reading thrillers but hates it when she can guess the climax beforehand, who thinks “being social” was chapter in her history book and she missed the class on the that day, who likes to talk to herself, who thinks “A Thousand Splendid Suns”, “The Book Thief” and “Paths of Glory” are books everyone should read and am just a person who can do great in vampire world, cause i can’t sleep on time…just can’t…!!!!!
P.S. i also think am a Super Hero…only i don’t know much about my powers. Trying to figure that one out..!!